Interests and expertise
My research interests focus on using economic land use modeling to design scenarios and evaluate climate policies, with a particular focus on Brazil. I have been the lead developer of a regional land-use modeling used to provide quantitative science-based results to Brazilian stakeholders and policy makers. As part of the Oxford Net Zero and Nature-based Solutions Initiative, I am interested in understanding the synergies and trade-offs between net zero policies and biodiversity conservation, including the role of Nature-based Solutions in climate mitigation efforts. I am also interested in evaluating policies regarding ecosystem protection connected to forest-risk supply chain agreements.
I am currently advising Brazil’s Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation on the generation of technical inputs that can be used to update the NDC and the net zero plan. She is part of a team of researchers working on the development of SINAPSE 2.0, a scenarios modelling platform for climate and environmental policy evaluation.
My background is Mathematics and I have a Master and a PhD in Applied Computing from Brazil’s National Institute for Space Research on unconstrained global optimization. I am an environmental scientist by training with experience in regional economic land use modeling for quantitative policy evaluation.
- ONZ Webinar: Assessing the potential impact of the EU deforestation regulation in Brazil – ONZ webinar
- ONZ Webinar: Net zero pathways for Brazil
- NbS Conference: The role of NbS in Brazil’s net zero pathways
- Nature-based solutions are key for meeting Brazil’s climate goals and supporting the economy
- Nature-based solutions are critical for putting Brazil on track towards net zero
- Impact of land tenure on deforestation control and forest restoration in Brazilian Amazonia
- Expanding the Soy Moratorium to Brazil’s Cerrado
- Future environmental and agricultural impacts of Brazil’s Forest Code
Synergies and trade-offs between net zero policies and biodiversity conservation in Brazil
This project develops and deploys economic landuse modelling to understand the synergies and trade-offs between net zero policies and biodiversity conservation, including the role of nature-based solu[...] Read more
Scaling-up nature-based solutions in the UK
There is an urgent need to develop realistic landscape-scale assessments of the implementation potentials of NbS that maximise potential synergies between climate change and biodiversity goals, manage[...] Read more