Watch NbS Digital Dialogues & read summaries
We are now pleased to publish summaries of five of the panel sessions from the event. Each summary outlines the key messages made during the session, and makes recommendations of actions to be taken in science, policy or practice, depending on the session, to further advance the successful implementation of NbS.
On 7-9 July we hosted an online conference: NbS Digital Dialogues. We discussed each of four key guidelines for successful, sustainable nature-based solutions (NbS) outlined in www.nbsguidelines.info, highlighting the main challenges around the implementation, financing and governance of NbS, and how to overcome them.
A total of 750 people registered and tuned in from all over the world. We are thrilled to have hosted such a global audience and to have brought such a diverse range of voices into the conversation.
Recordings of all the sessions are now freely available:
- Introduction from Nathalie Seddon
- Keynote from Musonda Mumba – from 9:10
- Panel 1: NbS for Climate Change Mitigation
- Panel 2: NbS in All Ecosystems
- Poster Session 1
- Reflections from Luc Bas – from 55:30
- Keynote from Sandra Lavorel – from 5:40
- Scene Setting from Stewart Maginnis
- Panel 3: NbS with, by and for People – from 17:56
- Panel 4: NbS & Biodiversity
- Poster Session 2
- Karin Zaunberger – from 1:02:35
- Justin Adams & Panel 5: NbS Finance
- Panel 6: NbS Governance
- Poster Session 3
- Keynote from Christiana Figueres – from 50:50
- Wrap-up by Nathalie Seddon – from 1:10:20
Please do also browse our four poster galleries on the NbS Digital Dialogues website – find them at the end of sessions 2, 4 and 6.
We are currently producing summaries for each panel session with policy pointers. If you would like to receive these, please sign up for our bi-monthly newsletter. This will also allow you to keep up to date with our work and the upcoming conference in 2021, when we will build on conclusions drawn this year, take a deeper dive on many topics, and address pressing questions in NbS science, policy and practice which emerge over the coming months.