Exciting new leadership role as Deputy Director of the NbSI
We are thrilled to announce a unique opportunity to join our dynamic team as a Senior Researcher and Deputy Director of Nature-based Solutions Initiative (NbSI), a collaborative programme between the Department of Biology and the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment at the University of Oxford.
As a pivotal member of our interdisciplinary program, you will be working closely with Professor Nathalie Seddon, leading research, education, and policy advice in the field of nature-based solutions. The NbSI’s mission is to harness the potential of NbS to address global challenges while promoting ecosystem health and respecting the rights and knowledges of Indigenous Peoples and local communities.
- Collaborate with the Director to shape the strategic direction of NbSI.
- Assist in leading the overall programme and contribute to its growth and reputation.
- Develop and lead a programme of cutting edge research within NbSI
- Engage in securing funding from research councils and philanthropic partners.
- Represent the Director in internal and external meetings
- Disseminate research findings to diverse audiences.
- Ph.D./D.Phil with substantial post-qualification research experience in nature-based solutions or related fields.
- Expertise in nature-based solutions to develop research projects and methodologies.
- Established reputation and publication track record in nature-based solutions.
- Existing network within the nature-based solutions research and/or policy and practice community.
- Evidence of team building and ability to work collaboratively.
- Track record of securing competitive grant funding and managing research budgets.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- We actively encourage applications from women, black, and minority ethnic candidates to address under-representation in our departments. We are committed to equality and value diversity.
- Grade 9, fixed-term position for 3 years, with the possibility of extension.
- Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon on Thursday, 29 February 2024.
- Interviews will be conducted in early-April.
If you are passionate about contributing to cutting-edge research in nature-based solutions and are ready to make a significant impact, we invite you to apply
Join us in shaping the future of Nature-based Solutions research and outreach at the University of Oxford!
Applications for this vacancy are to be made online.