Guidelines for designing, implementing and monitoring NbS for adaptation
Thursday 06 May 2021
This document from Conservation International provides guidance for practitioners planning to implement nature-based solutions for climate change adaptation. Across five chapters, it gives details of how to:
- Conduct a vulnerability assessment to identify the climate impacts that NbS for adaptation might address.
- Identify a set of possible actions to address the adaptation needs in the specific region and population.
- Assess whether the NbS needs to be transformative to achieve the desired outcome.
- Select and design the NbS action to be implemented.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the NbS in achieving adaptation goals.
Within each chapter a set of key activities and examples of best practice are given, including how to successfully engage stakeholders to ensure the visions of local communities, governments and other partners are integrated into all stages of a project.
Read the guidance document here.