Five policy recommendations for nature
July 25, 2020
As more companies are looking to protect nature as part of their operations, these policy recommendations from Business for Nature are well timed.
Business for Nature brought together over 200 companies from 15 sectors, and many additional organisations, to create five policy recommendations for to help protect and restore nature:
- Provide direction and ambition by adopting ambitious targets to reverse nature loss
- Increase coherence in UN governance by aligning policies for nature, people and climate, and ensure effective enforcement of environmental laws
- Go beyond GDP by valuing and embedding nature in decision making and disclosure
- Reform subsidies and incentive mechanisms to reward actions that benefit nature and people
- Engage, enable and collaborate widely to empower everyone to act
Learn more by reading the Business for Nature summary here, and press release here.